Date:      Fri, 19 Feb 1999 08:10:22 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Registering Corel WP8

The other day I registered my copy of Corel WP8 for Linux on Corel's
website. The questionnaire to fill in gives you no way of telling them
that you are using WP8 under FreeBSD.

The "where did you get WP8" question has options for a number of ftp
sites or most of the Linux distributions. It then goes on to ask
things like; "How long have you been using Linux", "Do you use Linux
at home and/or work".

I was hoping to find a free text comments field where I could state
that I use FreeBSD not Linux, but alas there is not one. There also
didn't appear to be a specific Feedback link either.

I think we (FreeBSD users) should let Corel know we are using WP8, but
how? With a large organization like Corel it is important to target
e-mails, just e-mailing support@corel.com will probably have no
effect.

Does anyone have any contacts at Corel and/or know an e-mail address
that we could send comments to where they might actually do some
good?.

OK, maybe Corel don't give a toss if you're not running Linux, but I
think we should at least attempt to inform them that there are plenty
of people using WP8 under FreeBSD.