Date:      Sun, 17 Oct 1999 13:20:40 -0500
From:      TrouBle <trouble@hackfurby.com>
To:        Francisco Reyes <fran@reyes.somos.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, Richard Morte <ric@sinclairassoc.force9.co.uk>
Subject:   Re: DNS Implications for VHosts on Apache

Virtual hosting expert here... first off PTr is not needed in DNS for vituals, it only helps if you use
multiple ips... you cannot PTR one ip multiple times.  you can actually get over 1000 virtual hosts on a
single box, depending on hardware... but it can be done, and done securely also you can use multiple
entries per ip address, or multiple ip addresses, or even multiple entries per multiple ip adresses,
either way they all work, you only need correctly setup config files and correctly setup DNS with CN or
CNAME recoreds and one PTR for each IP being the first virtual listed in the conf file.