Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 1999 05:59:35 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   syscons screenshot tool

Hi,

As I mentioned in the "propellers" thread, I have a small tool
that can be used to make screenshots of syscons VTYs.  Here it
is:  http://www.fromme.com/syscons-screenshot/

There is a README with instructions, _please_ read it!

Actually this is a quick hack, and the ioctl approach is a bit
clumsy, so I haven't submitted it with send-pr yet.  I will
change the ioctl, clean the code up, write docs and submit the
thing, unless someone else comes up with something better.

I'm also under the impression that Mr. Syscons (Yokota?) is
currently doing some design changes to syscons, so maybe I
should wait until this is done, before submitting any further
code.

Regards
   Oliver

PS:  There is no need to Cc me, I'm on this list.  However,
if someone wants to mail me privately, please use the address
olli@fromme.com -- the host from which I'm sending this is not
prepared to receive email, and tin doesn't enable me to change
the From line.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)