Date:      Sun, 22 Aug 1999 23:52:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        FreeBSD-Alpha <alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   PC164SX/booting the floppy

I want to do a floppy disk/nfs install (using my 10BaseT ethernet card
and my second machine rigth next to it with the latest snap loaded),
but I've never seen the screen I'm looking at before, which is a GUI
representation with many different options.  There isn't, as far as I
can see, any command line I can tell it to boot a kernel from.

I was able to use the GUI to select the SRM console (that much was easy)
but I don't know what to do now, and the INSTALL.TXT isn't any help on
this.

Does anyone who has a PC164 know what I mean, and know what I should do
to get this thing booted?

chuckr@picnic.mat.net       | communications topic, C programming, and Unix.
213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run picnic and jaunt, both FreeBSD-current.
(301) 220-2114              |