Date:      Sun, 6 Dec 1998 15:35:44 -0500
From:      Chris Johnson <cjohnson@palomine.net>
To:        shamroc@tiac.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: question

On Sun, Dec 06, 1998 at 05:54:55AM +0000, shamrock wrote:
> hey
> i use freebsd 227 and was wondering if the current release or any for
> that matter have
> ever been sucessfully used with a paraell port quikcam
> just curious, i didnt find anything in the handbook about it. great

There's support for the black and white Quickcam in the kernel. grep in the
LINT file for qcam, add the appropriate line to your kernel configuration file,
and rebuild your kernel. For the color Quickcam, there's a port in
/usr/ports/graphics/cqcam.

I've never used either version on a FreeBSD box, so I can't tell you anything
else.

Chris