Date:      Mon, 23 Jun 1997 14:53:15 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        jseger@freebsd.scds.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Activehome X10 Interface

Hi,

> > I searched the list and the only reference I could find that came close was:
>
> [ ... ]
>
> > could this be the post you are thinking of?
>
> Yes.

I'm really too busy right now to look this code over in detail, but a quick
scan failed to find any specific handling of the RI line from the activehome.
I think this code polls the serial input every two seconds instead, which
is what I suggest avoiding.  For background the activehome expects that the
PC may be turned off, and tries to get its attention via the RI line.  I'm
proposing that the proper solution is to attach RI to DCD, and use a signal
catcher for SIGHUP to notice when the activehome has data instead of
polling the activehome.  When/if someone has time to read this code thru could
they comment on how this issue is handled in the code?

--
Steve Passe	| powered by