Date:      10 Jul 2001 18:38:46 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        "Cameron Haegle" <chaegle@mediaone.net>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Sendmail question

[ Moved to -questions.  This is unfit for -net. ]

"Cameron Haegle" <chaegle@mediaone.net> writes:

> Before I dig too deep into the Sendmail documentation I wanted to ensure
> that the following is possible.
>
> My FreeBSD box is performing NATd and IPFW functions for a few PCs at
> home, off of my cable modem. Wheneve I attempt to send an e-mail from my
> system I receive a message back from indicating that the message had
> permanent fatal erros, and the Domain of sender address
> somename@some_nonexistent.domain does not exist.

This is only part of the error message.

Therefore, having no access to the machines you're talking about, we can only
guess the rest of the error message.

So, please, do post the error message of Sendmail in its entirety.

-giorgos

PS:
You should also avoid posting MIME messages.
Especially when the message is posted twice, both in text and html.