Date:      Tue, 30 Oct 2001 15:20:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Chris Knight" <chris@aims.com.au>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: ports/31641: Firebird

The following reply was made to PR ports/31641; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Chris Knight" <chris@aims.com.au>
To: <freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 10:12:57 +1100

 Howdy,

 Changing the OSVERSION isn't a complete fix however. My understanding is
 that if only the OSVERSION is changed, then the build of Firebird will use
 MD5 passwords and not DES passwords; ie you break cross-platform support.
 I haven't yet upgraded my build systems to 4.4 yet, so I'm unable to confirm
 this.

 Regards,
 Chris Knight
 Systems Administrator
 AIMS Independent Computer Professionals
 Tel: +61 3 6334 6664  Fax: +61 3 6331 7032  Mob: +61 419 528 795
 Web: http://www.aims.com.au