Date:      Sun, 21 Mar 1999 21:48:23 +0100
From:      Florian Nigsch <flo@ganymed.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   lpt0 -> nlpt0

Hi!

I switched to the new ppp-driven port for my printer but I don't seem to
get it to work properly:

I've compiled a new kernel with ppbus support turned on, device nlpt0. I
tried to MAKEDEV nlpt0 (with the new script from /usr/src/etc/rc.i386):
nlpt0 - no such device name

I also tried a kernel with both lpt0 and nlpt0 compiled in, but it didn't
work, either:
nlpt0 because it simply doesn't exist, and lpt0: device not configured....

What's to do to get the printer to work again? :)

thanks a lot in advance

ciao,
	Flo