Date:      Mon, 19 May 2014 21:41:50 -0700
From:      Jim Pazarena <fquest@paz.bz>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   transparent bridge ~ firewall

Is it possible to configure fbsd so that it passes traffic thru two
nics "transparently", (with a third nic installed as the management IP)?

So that firewall rules can be applied between those two transparent
nics? Don't want NAT, don't want routing. Just firewall "allow", "drop",
or re-direct.

I purchased a device which uses debian to do this. I would like to
see if I can duplicate the functions on FreeBSD, my OS of choice.

Thanks.
--
Jim Pazarena         fquest@paz.bz