Date:      Thu, 22 Feb 1996 10:46:29 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        tim@fifth-avenue.com (tim kelley)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: apache

> Ok, one more time....
> I've got 2 legit domain names ..fifth-avenue.com & nysource.com.
>
> I want to serve www documents from both. As it is, I have configured
> apache to have 2 virtual hosts. I set bindaddress to *, gave the Virtual
> host definition for both and I get the same directory when I http to either.
>
> Anybody understand what is going on???

You are using two legitimate IP addresses for the one interface on the
machine using "ifconfig ... alias"?

You are name-serving the IP addresses as the different machine names so
that when apache does a library call on the socket to lookup the host
name it gets the right name?

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---