Date:      Mon, 8 May 1995 20:11:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Network Coordinator <nc@ai.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Subject:   Re: Disk Quota on BSD

Jordan -

	Real quick question. Why do you think quotacheck wouldn't be able
to find any file systems from which to generate quota.group and
quota.user files?

My fstab

/dev/sd0a		/	ufs rw 1 1 grpquota, usrquota
/dev/sd2f		/home	ufs rw 1 1 grpquota, usrquota
/dev/sd3f		/home2	ufs rw 1 1 grpquota, usrquota
/dev/sd0g		/staff	ufs rw 1 1
/dev/sd0f		/tmp	ufs rw 1 1 grpquota, usrquota
/dev/sd3e		/usr	ufs rw 1 1 grpquota, usrquota
/dev/sd0b		none	swap sw 0 0
proc		/proc	procfs rw 0 0

quotacheck -av runs silently w/o errors. yet no files are created.

When I try :

quotacheck -g usr
usr not found in /etc/fstab

quotacheck -g /usr
/usr not found in /etc/fstab

quotacheck -g /dev/sd3e
/dev/sd3e not found in /etc/fstab

[same thing if I use a -u and/or a -v]

The kernel is compiled with quota on, originally the system ran 2/10-SNAP
and now its runs 4/12 with a 2/10 set of disk labels. The system boots up
fine with the exception about griping about the difference in partition
size. I do not believe quotacheck worked for me in 2/10 either, though I
am prepared to move back to it if that would help solve the problem.

[Maybe the question wasn't so quick after all.. :) ]

Any help you can suggest would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

-Jerry.