Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 16:00:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Linh Pham <lplist@q.closedsrc.org>
To:        "David J. Kanter" <djkanter@northwestern.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Is the C-shell (csh) a bad shell?

I personally don't think csh is a bad shell, but I tend to prefer tcsh
over csh.

Bash may be an easier shell to learn and to learn how to write shell
scripts for.

sh (the original Bourne schell) is pretty much universal, bash and csh
are very common on many UNIX installations. I know many people on AIX use
ksh (Korn shell, which can be installed using the ports... it's called
pdksh).

// Linh Pham
//
// Proud supporter of FreeBSD and OpenBSD
// FreeBSD - http://www.freebsd.org
// OpenBSD - http://www.openbsd.org

/*	"Oregon, n.:
		Eighty billion gallons of water