Date:      Wed, 4 Mar 1998 11:02:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Robert D. Keys" <rdkeys@seedlab1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        rdkeys@seedlab1.cropsci.ncsu.edu (Robert D. Keys)
Subject:   How to re-address existing box to halt incoming spam mail

It seems my FreeBSD box is getting more that its share of spam mail.

If one wants to totally re-id the machine and move it to another IP address,
how should that be done so that a cold boot will bring it up on the new
address?  I would like to put it on my spare IP address, where it should
not get any incoming hits.

What files would need to be changed to accomplish this?

Also, are there easy ways to block certain IP address regions or send
incoming mail from those addresses into the bit bucket?  There seem
to be several addresses from whence the spam emanates.

Thanks

Bob Keys
rdkeys@seedlab1.cropsci.ncsu.edu