Date:      Fri, 27 Feb 1998 00:36:01 -0600
From:      Kris Kirby <kris@ninbox.dyn.ml.org>
To:        Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rc5des

Brett Taylor wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, Gianmarco Giovannelli wrote:
> > Any other persons experience such behaviours ?
> > [crashing problems etc snipped]

> This occurred on the switch over after the finish of DES.  I had multiple
> clients running (both Linux and FreeBSD) and both were crashing nearly
> constantly.  I had the 383 build running okay yesterday for a few hours
> and then it crashed hard.
>
> I have now gone back to the old rc564 client.  Distributed.net is aware of
> the problem and is supposed to be building new clients.

What a bummer. I came home to rc5des (segmentation fault). Darn... What
if I had found the winning key and the program couldn't handle itself? I
messed with the setting and got it to grab every block it could (DES).
It stopped crunching DES blocks after 34. Said it found too many
matches. I also couldn't get the client to flush after going to RC5-64.
When I switched to DES, and it switched back, no problem :-/
--

Kris Kirby <kris@airnet.net>