Date:      Wed, 12 Dec 2007 15:53:01 +0100
From:      "Heiko Wundram (Beenic)" <wundram@beenic.net>
To:        dmw@unete.cl
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RELENG_7 and diablo-jdk

Am Mittwoch, 12. Dezember 2007 11:06:13 schrieb Daniel Molina Wegener:
> =C2=BFIs there any problem if I run diablo-jdk-1.5_07 under RELENG_7?
> I mean, =C2=BFis the diablo-jdk binary compatible with RELENG_7?

Yes, there are/were quite some problems (which may not become immediately=20
apparent with "standard" use but will as soon as you use Java software such=
=20
as the sun-wtk). Generally, you'll want to build the sun-jdks on RELENG_7,=
=20
using the diablo-jdk as a bootstapper and removing it after at least one=20
other jdk has been installed.

Instructions for downloading the sources and BSD-patches for the sun-jdks a=
re=20
in ports (i.e., "cd /usr/ports/java/jdk1<x>; make" will tell you what to do=
).

=2D-=20
Heiko Wundram
Product & Application Development