Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2006 01:11:18 -0800
From:      Vayu <vayu@sklinks.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Samba shares and logging in

In windows when I have the same user account on two machines, neither needs to
login to access the share.  With Samba I have to use the username/password.
The XP machine can get straight into the FreeBSD machine (which has the same
username and password) but the FreeBSD machine needs to login to access the
XP share.

Are there any Samba settings that would allow the FreeBSD machine the ability
to access shares without logging in if (and only if) the user exists on both
computers?