Date:      19 Oct 1999 18:21:02 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "Command not found"

"Ethanol Yip" <ethanol@netvigator.com> writes:
> During my first logon after re-installing the FreeBSD, I executed the
> command sysinstall in /stand but failed, with a message "command not found".

Try using the full path to the command, as in:

	# /stand/sysinstall

and remember that the current working directory is NOT in the PATH environment
variable in FreeBSD by default, as in that "other" OS.  One other solution is
when you're in /stand to use:

	# ./sysintall

explicitly specifying that you want to run a program from current directory.

--
Giorgos Keramidas, <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
"What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing." [Aristotle]