Date:      Mon, 28 Dec 1998 01:11:01 +1100
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        dennis <dennisip@geocities.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: read mail..

On Fri, Dec 27, 1996 at 09:23:40PM +0800, dennis wrote:
> Hi!as i had subscribed the mailing,I want to know how to read the
> list?thanks!

Whenever someone writes to freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org, all suscribers
(that includes you now) get a copy sent to their email address.

If you want to reply to one of these messages, our convention is to use
the group reply or reply to all, so that both the list
(freebsd-newbies) and the original sender each get a copy. If someone
replies to your message, you'll probably end up with two copies of the
reply, one sent direct and one arriving via the mailing list.

If you are interested in reading about problems that newbies have had
and their solutions, then you want freebsd-questions, not
freebsd-newbies. Search the archives of freebsd-questions at
http://www.freebsd.org/search.html or join freebsd-questions the same
way you joined freebsd-newbies.

Find out a lot more about freebsd-newbies at
http://www.welearn.com.au/freebsd/newbies/
which also has some advice about using freebsd-questions for help.
Note that freebsd-newbies is for chat and where-to-go, not support questions.
We'll help you use the mailing lists or point you to ways to help yourself.

Find out more about freebsd-questions at
http://www.lemis.com/questions.html
and for general advice about using email see
http://www.lemis.com/email.html

And if your eyes aren't worn out after all that reading :-) why not
come back here and introduce yourself, tell us how you're using
FreeBSD, what you hope to do with it in the future, or how you're
spending your holidays!

I'm not sure if that answers the question you asked.
If not, ask us again.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-