Date:      Sun, 7 Jan 2001 13:23:12 -0800 (PST)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@dellroad.org>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: weird cvs update problem

John Polstra writes:
> > > U crypto/kerberosIV/appl/bsd/login_fbtab.c
> > > U crypto/kerberosIV/appl/bsd/osfc2.c
> > > U crypto/kerberosIV/appl/bsd/pathnames.h_
> > > U crypto/kerberosIV/appl/bsd/rcmd_util.c
> > > cvs update: warning: unrecognized response ` If there are any IP options on `sock', die.' from cvs server
> > > cvs update: warning: unrecognized response ` */' from cvs server
> [...]
>
> It sounds like maybe the rcmd_util.c,v RCS file is corrupted on the
> CVS server.  Just a guess.  I haven't seen the problem here.

Don't think so.. this happens rather randomly for random files
(i.e., more than one).  The same file will update correctly on the
second try (but then it barfs on another one).

It doesn't seem to happen for patched files, only for files that
are downloaded whole.. ie, if you blow away an entire directory
and then download it again.

-Archie