Date:      Tue, 22 Sep 1998 17:52:12 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        jb@cimlogic.com.au, street@iname.com, chuckr@mat.net, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: elf & compat

Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> > > built.  They're just being put in the wrong place (in /usr/lib/compat
> > > vs /usr/lib/compat/aout).
> >
> > Correct.
>
> Oh, we're just arguing for a name change here?  That's different.  As
> long as rc.conf is taught the difference, I don't care where they go
> myself.

The plan is to have aout libraries only in aout sub-directories. Then when
we no longer need aout support, we just prune them. /usr/lib/compat is
reserved for elf compat libraries. I think it will be empty for 3.0-RELEASE.

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137