Date:      Tue, 15 Nov 2005 08:53:32 -0500
From:      "Steve Bertrand" <iaccounts@ibctech.ca>
To:        "'Ivailo Tanusheff'" <i.tanusheff@procreditbank.bg>, "'Efren Bravo'" <efrenba@yahoo.es>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: RAS

> I'm not quite sure what you want to achieve, but for a remote
> access you can use FreeBSD, as well as for dial-up access point.
> For VPN you can use mpd. Also you should check the FreeBSD
> handbook and google :)

I believe the OP is trying to essentially set up a small ISP, or an
access server to the Internet.

OP:, how many clients do you plan on having access this system? How many
modems do you expect to need?

Old (but reliable) analog RAS devices are relatively inexpensive to
purchase on eBay. Unless you are going all out, analog RAS is what you
likely want.

These devices then pass their RADIUS requests to pre-configured RADIUS
servers, in which mine all run FreeBSD, FreeRADIUS and DialupAdmin.

Steve