Date:      Thu, 15 Oct 1998 09:29:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff-ml@mountin.net>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: R-Day, 15th October, 1998 (BST or similar ;-)

On Wed, 14 Oct 1998, Jeffrey J. Mountin wrote:

> OK, I'm still a bit unclear.  There have been dozens of messages concerning
> the loader et all w/wo an ELF kernel.

[...]

> Thus making the transition smoother to full ELF (ie kernel) for the next
> release.

Or, think if it like removing a band-aid--a quick yank and get it
over with fast.  Slowly pulling those hairs out one by
one...yech!  It is a foregone conclusion that 3.0 is not going to
be a stunning release, what with half the ports collection broken
and the like....what is another wee little bump?  :-)

-john