Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 1995 14:41:01 +0500
From:      Jerry.Kendall@vmicls.com (Jerry Kendall)
To:        gfoster@gfoster.com, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Samba problem

> Do you have a TCP/IP stack on the WfW machine?  I have had problems
> with some Winsocks, most notably Microsoft's 16 bit one.

Yes, which ever WFW 3.11 comes with.

> Some WfW's want passwords to be all CAPS (numerals are OK too).

> What sharename are you using to connect with?  It should be
> \\FQDN\login (FQDN == Fully Qualified Domain Name, login == your login
> name) to get to your home directory.  \\GQDN\homes is not a valid
> sharename.

share name is '\\antares\home' and also tried '\\antares.vmicls.com\home'
Both get 'computer name or share name in the specified path is invalid'

> Can you connect to publically available LM servers on the Internet
> (e.g. \\ftp.microsoft.com\ftp)?

NOP..  Maybe WFW is broke and NOT Samba. ?????

> Your smb.conf file looks OK.

This is good.

> I will be happy to try to help you if these don't work, please let me
> know exactly what error message WfW is giving you.

see above.

A little more detail.

M1 is a Sparc server 1000. I can use smbclient on it to access P1.
P1 is a Pentium FreeBSD 2.0.5. I can use smbclient on it to access M1.
D1 is a WFW 3.11 486. It can access Samba on M1 but NOT on P1.

This give any insight ????

Jerry