Date:      Sun, 24 Mar 1996 10:51:15 +0100 (MET)
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        magixinfo@abby.inworks.net (Magix Computers)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ftp setup

> My ISP uses Linux.  I can get setup to dial, connect, enter my username
> and password, but then I can't get Linux to make the final connection.
> Any idea what key I have to hit to take the next step???  I checked with
> my ISP and he doesn't know anything about logging in with a dos
> terminal.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It sounds like you are trying to log in from a DOS computer to a linux
machine. If that's really the case, I believe you should try to
find help elsewhere (linux newsgroup).

If you were running FreeBSD and had login problems to a linux
machine the only remedy I would know for now was to disable tcp_extensions
in /etc/sysconfig. But you really didn't give very much information.