Date:      Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:01:44 -0600
From:      Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>
To:        Bruce Campbell <bruce@engmail.uwaterloo.ca>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: apparent change in php4 port build procedure...

--On Tuesday, December 21, 2004 10:46:54 AM -0500 Bruce Campbell
<bruce@engmail.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:

> I'm upgrading to mod_php4-4.3.10

[snip]

> But I liked the old menu system, as it saved me figuring out
> the configure args.  Was there a reason to move away from that,
> or is there a new mechanism I am not aware of ?

There's a new mechanism you are not aware of.  Read /usr/ports/UPDATING
(the php section).  You now install php (the base) and php-extensions.  The
menu is now with extensions.  You can do a make config if you want to make
changes to it.

Make sure you read UPDATING.  There's a gotcha in there having to do with
the extensions_dir variable in the php.ini file.

Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member