Date:      Thu, 20 May 1999 19:17:55 -0400
From:      Dan Moschuk <dan@trinsec.com>
To:        David Schwartz <davids@webmaster.com>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GPL alternatives

| > It is generally hard to imagine that the author of gpled software would be
| > willing to negotiate. After all, his use of GPL indicates that he
| > subscribes
| > to a philosophy that allows no exceptions to GPL principles.
|
| 	In my experience, most authors of GPL'd code don't understand the GPL
| principles. The more prominent authors are exceptions.

There is a license created by one of the engineers at SCO called the
"Good Citizen's" license.  In essence, here it is:

a) Code is still property of the author.
b) Code is open source, and may be modified to suit your own personal needs.
c) Program CAN be sold if the author wishes it, and it CAN be given away if
   the author wishes it.

I think that's the jidst of it.  It's been a while since I've read it, and
I may be able to dig up a copy if anyone is interested.

Regards,

Dan