Date:      Tue, 19 Jun 2001 07:37:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Eric Boucher <eric_boucher60@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   TCL/TK: starting a process by root from a user

Hi everybody,

I want to know if something is possible to do with the
TCL language: I want to start a process that only root
have the permission to start. So I when the user start
my little TCL script, it will ask the normal user for
a password (not the root one of course) and if that
password is valid, it will map that password to the
one of the root and then start the process by root. So
the TCL script will contain the root password, but I
don't want that other user can see it, but can execute
it. Is there a way with the TCL language to do such a
thing? (Note: the process that I want to be started by
a user is a daemon).

Thanks  a lot

Eric