Date:      Fri, 21 Nov 1997 22:03:08 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Katie <katie@masco.net>
Cc:        www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hmm...

Well, considering that you're the first person to report being so
thoroughly confused by the current instructions, we have to ask
ourselves three important questions first:

1. How to modify them in such a way that makes Dan happy but
   doesn't confuse the literally tens of thousands of other folks
   who have managed to understand these instructions with
   no problem (e.g. for them any change may represent a step
   backwards, which is obviously to be avoided).

2. How to modify it at all, since it's not clear just what it is
   about the current instructions which leaves you so confused.
   By and large, these instructions get good reviews just as
   they are.

3. Whether or not it would even make sense to try and solve this
   problem since, at the level of expertise you currently have,
   the next item of total confusion might be right around the
   corner, so to speak, and we'd be in for a never ending supply
   of similar issues.