Date:      Wed, 20 Oct 1999 01:52:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Joe \"Marcus\" Clarke" <marcus@miami.edu>
To:        Langa Kentane <evablunted@earthling.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Error 550: Relaying denied.

By default in 3.2 and 3.3, sendmail relaying is turned off.  This means
that the user for which mailis sent to must exist locally on your machine,
or it will be denied.  You can "trust" certain domains you wish to relay
for, however.  To do this, create a sendmail.cw file in /etc/mail (this is
as of late), and add one domain per line.  Each of these domains should be
domains you wish to relay for.

Joe Clarke