Date:      Thu, 09 Oct 1997 09:06:05 -0400
From:      Jeffrey Anuszczyk <jeffa@novera.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        jeffa@novera.com
Subject:   questions on ppp filters

Hi All,
   I'm looking for a pointer to a more detailed description of
the use of filters under (ij)ppp.  In particular I've setup a system
as a router from a 192.168 internal network to a ppp based ISDN line.
The ppp is started "-auto -alias" and all seems to work fine.  I'm
currently using a slightly tailored set of filter rules orginally
found in ppp.conf.filters.sample.  However I wish to put in place
a set of rules that basically allow any outgoing port to be
established.  It's only incoming ports that I wish to deny.  Any
pointers, samples, etc on how to do this would be great!

- Jeff

P.S. - I've read the man ppp pages and the samples.