Date:      Thu, 22 Feb 96 11:59:54 -0600
From:      Mike Eggleston <mikee@sys8.wfc.com>
To:        support@cdrom.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.com
Subject:   out of buffers?

I've installed freebsd 2.1 and am trying to run the user version of
ppp through a bitsurfer pro.  The dial and login chat scripts work and
I do get connected to my provider.  I get the proper routes and can
ping my gateway and other machines on the inet.  Sometime after I get
connected my ping stops working saying that the network is unreachable
and that its out of buffers.

What is running out of buffers and how can I allocate more buffers?  I
assume these are MBUF's that have been exhausted.

netstat -m shows that at one point I was up to 88% of available
buffers used.

I'm on a p133 machine with 16mb ram and 2gb scsi and scsi cdrom.

TIA

Mike