Date:      Sun, 21 Jun 1998 19:53:34 -0500
From:      amg <ursa@cris.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   (no subject)

Questions:

    On my internal network, I have FreeBSd machines and a linux
 machine.  I need to NFS mount a portion of the linux file system
 onto one of my FreeBSD machines.  The linux file system is of type
 ext2.  In the line in the FreeBSD fstab that pertains to this is:

   #device                    Mntpt      FS     Opt        Dump  Pass
    linuxbox:/usr/share/pvcs  /mnt/pvcs  ext2   rw,noauto   0     0

 When, on the FreeBSD box, I try to mount the linux fs, I get
 error msgs, which I believe are caused by the fact that ext2 is
 not the identifier that FreeBSD uses for the linux file system.

    What I need to know is what name should be used in place of ext2
  that will allow me to mount the linux file system.

    Thanks.

                                          august
                                          ursa@cris.com