Date:      Fri, 7 Apr 2000 09:15:25 -0400
From:      Ian Cartwright <ICartwright@IT.RJF.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Hardware (E-mail)" <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "'winter@jurai.net'" <winter@jurai.net>, "'viren@rstcorp.com'" <viren@rstcorp.com>

Hi guys,

I just recently scrounged together a Proliant 2000 to put FreeBSD on at my
work. It has the old EISA Raid controller in it, and I have been having the
same problems described by Mr. Shah... I followed the thread you have been
trading back and forth. I am currently running a 5.0-CURRENT kernel (4/6/00)
compiled with the extra line of code suggested by Mr. Dodd. Below is my
system config and the output of the ida driver...

Compaq Proliant 2000
64 MB RAM
Compaq SMART Array Controller EISA
3Com 3c597
2 Logical Drives (2x4.3GB Mirrored and 3x1.0 GB RAID 5)

ida output:
ida0: <Compaq SMART array controller> at 0x7c88-0x7c9e, irq 14 (level)
ida0: on eisa0 slot 7
0xc0b8e000
0xffffffff0x0 (that's 8 f's)
panic: ida_wait: incorrect qcb returned
Uptime: 0s

Then I get the Automatic Reboot prompt

I would be more than happy to help in debugging this driver...

Ian Cartwright
Senior Engineer
Raymond James & Associates

Ian Cartwright