Date:      Thu, 20 May 1999 16:19:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      <unknown@riverstyx.net>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        spork <spork@super-g.com>, James Howard <howardjp@wam.umd.edu>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Free VMWare and open BIOS!

People come to us because they've heard that we do good things.  Even if
there was a GPL replacement for our software (and there are several far
cheaper products that do nearly identical things) our customers would
continue to use our products.  We also provide custom solutions to our
clients and are able to guarantee that they are the only people who get
those customizations, giving them a market advantage.  That's illegal
under the GPL, which is another reason to go with us.

---
tani hosokawa
river styx internet