Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 2002 23:32:23 +0800
From:      "Kathy Quinlan" <katinka@magestower.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   ddclient and Dynamic DNS servers

Hi all,

I am trying to get ddclient to work.

the client works when run from the command line.

I use PPPoE for my ADSL link. What I would like to do is to get the client
to run when PPPoE gets a link up (as my IP would have changed). It has a
sample up.ip file, it is called I assume from ppp.linkup after it
establishes a link ?

the command structure is :
scriptname interface-name tty-device speed local-IP-address
remote-IP-address ipparam

Ok I take it that :

scriptname = ppp_ip-up.local
interface-name = tun0 ?
speed = ??
local-IP-address = ??
remote-IP-address = ??
ipparam is not needed

Any Ideas ?? as I am at a loss, MAN PPPoE is not to helpful :o(

Regards,

Kat.

 /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  |        K.A.Q. Electronics
 \ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | Software and Electronic Engineering
  X  - NO Word docs in e-mail |      Perth Western Australia
 / \                          |        Ph +61 419 923 731