Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 1997 20:43:41 +0100
From:      Paul <eb30750@iquest.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD installation via FTP

Got stuck installing FreeBSD at the point where I click "okay" to
install after successfully logging onto my ISP.  The error message is
"cannot resolve hostname" as in the ftp server I have selected.

In my experience with PPP, there's not much to configure.  I am
inputting my domain (iquest.net), my name server IP (198.70.36.70).  I
am entering 0.0.0.0 for the IP PPP0  and 255.255.255.0 for the subnet
mask.

The host name is being filled out at .iquest.net

I go into term and dial out, make connection and get ppp ON>Packet Mode
and then switch back for the install only to get the error.

In attempting to follow the documentation, it led me how to install and
configure PPP on the kernel, but did not offer much debugging for the
sake of installation.

Got any tips?

Paul