Date:      Thu, 19 Sep 1996 12:17:12 -0700
From:      "Sean J. Schluntz" <schluntz@gromit.pinpt.com>
To:        grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Multiple Video Cards

>> They suggested I get the Matrox Impression Plus or Muleniam cards (I
>> want to put to gether 2 15" running 800x600 and one 17" running
>> 1024x768).
>Why such a low resolution?  The Millenium, for example (which I would
>recommend) offers up to 1600x1200, and even on a 15" monitor 1024x768
>gives a cleaner picture.  You might also consider if you really need 3
>displays, or whether 2 17" displays wouldn't be more convenient.

After working on the system for more than 5 hours I start having problems
reading the diaplay correctly if the fonts get to small.  (I might just need
newer glasses.)  That's why I was thinking of using 8x6 on the 15" because I
have a 15" here and 10x7 is just a little to small.

>> If I were to do this what would I have to do for FreeBSD to be able
>> to see all three displays and support them?
>
>Install the boards and connect them to monitors.  You'll save some
>headaches by installing only PCI boards and making them all
>Milleniums.

You do have a point there.  I'll think about it.

-Sean
---
Sean J. Schluntz			eMail schluntz@pinpt.com
Manager Support Services		Phone (408) 997-6900 x222
PinPoint Software Corporation		Fax   (408) 323-2300
		      http://www.pinpt.com/