Date:      Thu, 27 Feb 1997 22:51:39 -0500
From:      Michael Alwan <alwan@rma.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   buffer overrun on download

To all:

I downloaded the xemacs-19.14.tgz package using user ppp and Netscape
Communicator 4.0b2.  I noticed after the download was finished some consol
messages about buffer overruns.

When I tried to install the package, I got a lot of error messages saying
various files "don't really exist."  Anybody think this had to do with a
communications problem, e.g. the buffer overruns?  Could the size of the
file (about 13mb) have anything to do with this, or the default speed
(115200) of my ppp connection?

I'm downloading the file again with the  Windows ftp program that I got the
2.1.7 BSD distribution with, but while I wait, just wondering what went
wrong the first time.

Thanks,

Michael Alwan