Date:      Mon, 17 Feb 1997 11:18:22 +0100
From:      peter@hw.nl (Peter Korsten)
To:        Andrew.Gordon@net-tel.co.uk, peter@hw.nl
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   MS Word file format (was: MIME applications for FreeBSD)

(I've gotten more questions about where to find the document and I
expect more on my UUCP-node, therefore I Cc it to 'hackers'. It's a
bit off-topic though, sorry for that.)

Peter Korsten shared with us:
> Andrew.Gordon@net-tel.co.uk shared with us:
> > > Actually, someone (a student?) at the Technical University of Berlin
> > > has described the general Microsoft OLE file format. He states that
> > > this he isn't sure about the format and all variables, therefore
> > > he calls it the "LAOLA" file format. (Check it out with Alta Vista!)
> > > He also provides a library in Perl and a program to convert a MS
> > > Word document into an ASCII file.
> >
> > Any chance of a more precise reference?  I have tried everything I can
> > think of in AltaVista, but I can't find it.

The document can be found here:

	http://wwwwbs.cs.tu-berlin.de/~schwartz/pmh/

- Peter
--
Peter Korsten     peter@hw.nl     http://www.hw.nl/~peter/
Haesenbos, Wetzels & Van der Heijden Multimedia Support