Date:      Sun, 14 Oct 2001 11:53:49 -0500 (CDT)
From:      John C Lamoreaux <jclam@post.cis.smu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   text spilling onto root window

I'm running 4.4 (XFree 3.36) with an Xpert2000 (32M) vid card, and am
getting text spilling over from xterm and gvim onto the rootwindow, where
it does not disappear until I restart the wm or drag another window over
it. It happens only occasionally (maybe esp. with long lines), and whether
running 9wm, sawfish, or blackbox. Can anyone point me in the right
direction as to possible causes.
Best,
John L.