Date:      Sat, 5 Jul 1997 10:28:26 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Jay D. Nelson" <jdn@qiv.com>
To:        Eduardo Viruena Silva <mrspock@esfm.ipn.mx>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPP speed

Try:
	kill -HUP 1

If you changed ttys and have not rebooted, the getty still thinks the line
is 9600 baud. The HUP signal causes init to reread configuration.

	man stty

would be helpful in tracking down tty problems.

BTW -- the line definition should be > insecure < unless yu're willing to
allow root access on the port.

-- Jay