Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 2000 02:33:16 +0100
From:      "Karel J. Bosschaart" <karelj@wop21.wop.wtb.tue.nl>
To:        whisky <whisky@bigpond.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: error on install

On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 07:57:55AM +1000, whisky wrote:
> on install with 4.1.1 , 4.1, and 4.2 ,not 3.x
>
> I get ata1: Device timeout.. resetting.. done
>
> Over and over again
>
> its a fujitsu 4.2 gig hdd and a via motherboard
> I have tried everything

Do you have more than only the fujitsu as IDE devices? ata1 is the second
IDE controller, is there anything probed on ata0? 3.x doesn't have the ata
driver, but wd (if I remember correctly). What does it say?

> also with my sr trio3d 365 i was wondering if it was fixed up in 4.x so it can actually do above 800x600

Erm, what's the relation between an IDE device problem and video
card/resolution? For video problems you have to look into XFree86, assuming
you run it.

Karel.