Date:      Mon, 14 May 2007 16:03:13 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd@hub.org
Subject:   Re: UNIX domain sockets MFC's

Marc G. Fournier wrote:
 > I'm curious about something ... way back, when I was using unionfs, I had a
 > major problem with vnode leakage ... as I mentioned before, this server is the
 > only one I have that uses geom/gmirror on its drives, the rest all use hardware
 > RAID ... is there *any* possibility that I'm seeing some sort of interaction
 > issue?  It really bothers me that the only server that I'm seeing this one is
 > the one that I'm using software RAID on ...

FWIW, I have two servers running RELENG_6 (2 months old)
using gmirror and with a few jails (not many, though ...
they're used for Apache web servers and PostgreSQL).
I'm not seeing any socket leakage.

$ sysctl kern.ipc | grep sockets
kern.ipc.numopensockets: 118
kern.ipc.maxsockets: 12328
$ uptime
 3:55PM  up 82 days, 20:39, 3 users, load averages: 0.04, 0.05, 0.02
$ gmirror status
      Name    Status  Components
mirror/gm0  COMPLETE  ad0
                      ad1

If you have more hints how to reproduce the problem, I
might give it a try if it's not too much trouble.

Best regards
   Oliver

"File names are infinite in length, where infinity is set to 255 characters."
        -- Peter Collinson, "The Unix File System"