Date:      Sun, 24 Jul 2011 20:37:17 +0100
From:      RW <rwmaillists@googlemail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        ashish@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: emacs-nox11

On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 12:15:23 +0200
Dick Hoogendijk wrote:

> I want a plain console version of emacs installed on my freebsd-8.2
> system. So I chose the editors/emacs-nox11 port, but I get an option
> screen with a lot of options set to 'on' for which I get the feeling
> they are X related. I.e. Freetype, Jpeg, Gif, GConf en lots of
> others. So, I'm confused and would very much like to know *which* of
> those options have to be turned on for a plaun console version of
> emacs. Hope to get some help.

It actually doesn't matter what options you set. The emacs-nox11 slave
port sets WITHOUT_X11 and _OPTIONS_OK; the former causes the menu
settings to be ignored and the latter prevents the option menu from
coming-up during a build.

IMO, rather than setting _OPTIONS_OK in the slave port, it would be
better to make the the assignment of the OPTIONS variable conditional in
the master port.