Date:      Tue, 22 Sep 1998 21:34:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      wolstena@sfu.ca
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Dump problem

I\'ve been using dump for the last few weeks to backup a few machines on our
network.  This week I have been getting the error listed below and can\'t figure
+
out why it is no long working.  Both machines are FreeBSD on is 2.2.7 the client
+
is 2.2.6.  Dump works fine on the local machine.  Does anyone have any
suggestions?

/Paul

# dump 0af mymachine.com:/dev/nrst0 /
  DUMP: Connection to mymachine.com established.
  DUMP: Date of this level 0 dump: Sat Sep 19 17:11:18 1998
  DUMP: Date of last level 0 dump: the epoch
  DUMP: Dumping /dev/rwd0a (/) to /dev/nrst0 on host oscar.cprost.sfu.ca
  DUMP: mapping (Pass I) [regular files]
  DUMP: mapping (Pass II) [directories]
  DUMP: estimated 15182 tape blocks.
  DUMP: Protocol to remote tape server botched (code \\\"Broken pipe\\\").
  DUMP: Lost connection to remote host.
#