Date:      Fri, 14 Jun 1996 10:57:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mike Newell <mnewell@kaizen.net>
To:        Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions Mailgroup <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: still hanging up...

On Thu, 13 Jun 1996, Gary Kline wrote:

> 	Recently (past few weeks, max), when I am working
> 	remote and connected via user-ppp, my keyboard will
> 	lock up.  The mouse moves the curson and things X-Window
> 	events happen, but the keyboard is Dead.

I've had the same problem.  What happens with my case is I (usually) see
the LEDs flash then the keyboard locks up.  If I unplug the keyboard and
plug it back in it comes back up with no problems.  I added an extension
cable to the keyboard so that the connector is within easy reach.  :-)
It seems to be a random event; sometimes it happens every few minutes,
sometimes it goes for days.  I'm running a Pentium 166 on an ASUS
motherboard under FreeBSD 2.1-RELEASE (loaded from the CD-ROM).  I've not
tried setting the BROKEN_KEYBOARD (or whatever it is; I forget) yet; gotta
get around to trying that...

Mike