Date:      Fri, 15 Nov 2002 11:37:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Wesley Morgan <morganw@chemikals.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, Vallo Kallaste <kalts@estpak.ee>
Subject:   Re: DISABLE_PSE & DISABLE_PG_G still needed?

On 15-Nov-2002 Wesley Morgan wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Vallo Kallaste wrote:
>
>> Just finished '-j2 buildworld' and it did well with kernel which had
>> the options enabled. Therefore I suppose that those options are
>> still absolutely necessary to make use of -current system. These
>
> This may be a bit overstated. I removed those options from my kernel a few
> weeks ago and have no problems at all. Are you certain the problem is not
> specific to a particular CPU?

It only happens with P4's.  I haven't seen it locally on a p4 test machine
at work that I have built test releases on.  Also, it would be nice to see
if just adding one of the options fixed the problems.  As for NOTES, those
options should not be enabled in NOTES as they would defeat the purpose of
LINT since they disable code.