Date:      Fri, 5 Jul 1996 19:53:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        Sean Kelly <kelly@fsl.noaa.gov>, terry@lambert.org, gpalmer@FreeBSD.org, ron@infi.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SysAdmin Tools - ideas wanted

On Fri, 5 Jul 1996, Terry Lambert wrote:

> >     Terry> Tcl/tk are OK for the fornt end tool, but not the backend
> >     Terry> implementation.
> >
> > But it'd be perfect for providing an *interface* to the backend
> > implementation.  That's one of Tcl's strongest features: it's easily
> > embeddable---and you get a set of nice scripting primitives as a
> > bonus.
>
> Keep the scripting away from the tools proper, please.  I don't
> want to *have* to run Tcl to administer my system, but I can
> understand that other people may want to run it to administer theirs.

This isn't clear to me, Terry ... Keep any software capable of accepting
a script away from a prime scripting application .... hmmm, would you
have said the same to a perl script, or a shell script?  This sounds
somewhat inconsistent, I'd like you to amplify on it, if you would.

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |