Date:      Sat, 21 Aug 1999 20:12:03 -0500
From:      Rob Snow <rsnow@lgc.com>
To:        Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
Cc:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, "John S. Dyson" <dyson@iquest.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFS HEADS UP (was Re: cvs commit: src/sys/nfs nfsm_subs.h  xdr_subs.h)

I'm with you 100%  I've got about 100 Bonnies of trying to optimize
Linux Clients (pre and post NFSv3 patch) vs. FreeBSD server.  I've gone
to current so that I can watch it happen.  I'm currently writing around
4.5M - 5.0M/sec vs. 10-15M/sec on my vinum stripe locally.

I went through a similar thing 1.5years ago with IBM/Solaris/Irix
servers that were sharing VOB's, Irix to Solaris was DOG slow and we
finally conquered it wit a bunch of fiddling and patching.

-Rob